Saturday, January 29, 2011

"To eat good food is to be close to God..."

...To have the knowledge of God is the bread of angels"

I don't think there are a lot of food centered movies out there...the only one I can think of is Eat Drink Man Woman (which I own but haven't watched). I stumbled across this one by accident.

It's a story of two brothers trying to start up an Italian Restaurant...but what struck me most is how it gives you a real look into how people who love food think. I was also beyond to surprised to see some of my favorite actors in it: Tony Shalhoub, Liev Schreiber, and Marc Anthony.

The best part? The movie was adapted into a book that includes recipes. From what the reviews say though, the recipes aren't so hot, but the recipe for the real star of the movie (timpano) can be found in Cucina & Famigila.

No comments:

Post a Comment